Talk to Us (02) 6362 6078
The latest in the series, The Grammar 6 Handbook follows on from The Grammar 5 Handbook and provides revision, consolidation and extension of spelling and grammar rules covered in The Phonics and The Grammar 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Handbooks. It contains 36 spelling and 36 grammar and punctuation lessons for a fully year of teaching children aged 10-11 years.
The lessons continue to build upon the knowledge and skills that children have been taught in previous years. There are detailed lesson plans for the teacher to follow, along with a photocopiable sheet that children can complete in class or as homework.
Topics covered within The Grammar 6 Handbook include:
1. prefixes & suffixes, in particular numerical; silent letters (bt, te, th);
2. new spelling patterns/rules (ough); schwas (-ity & -ety);
3. more alternatives (they, great, ballet, fete, straight for /ai/);
4. new parts of speech (for example, countable and uncountable nouns, gerunds and modal verbs and imperatives);
5. further punctuation (using semi colons and colons or using a comma after a fronted adverbial);
6. developing a greater understanding of sentence structure and learning to recognise indirect objects, subject complements and passive agents; and
7. introducing children to literary devices such as alliteration, learning to meaning of idioms and distinguishing between formal and informal writing.
There are no reviews yet.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Your review *
Keep me up to date on news and exclusive offers
Follow us on:
Please fill in the form below
Please leave this field empty.
What is 12+28=?
WEB DESIGN BY WEB123