Talk to Us (02) 6362 6078
Australian Curriculum History is a seven-book series linked to the requirements of the Australian National Curriculum for each stage of primary school from Foundation to Year 6. The aim of the series is to use the Historical Knowledge and Understanding strand of the Australian Curriculum as a vehicle for practising the skills laid down by the Historical Skills strand to answer the key inquiry questions.
Each book is organised into sections dependent on the number of content descriptions in the Historical Knowledge and Understanding strand for that year. Within each section is a number of 4-page units which explore different aspects of the content description linked to the key inquiry questions. The activities in each unit give students the opportunity to practise historical skills while addressing concepts which aid historical understanding. Where appropriate, links between the content of each unit and the general capabilities and cross-curriculum priorities have been recognised.
Features of each book includes a supporting teachers page which provides:
1. the content description
2. an elaboration relating to the specific aspect of the content description
3. the key inquiry questions
4. the historical skills practised by completing the activities
5. background information
6. teaching notes to assist in classroom organisation
7. additional activities to extend the topic
8. resources to supplement information/activities for teachers/students
10. time line related to specific people and events
Three student activity pages which consist of:
1. a stimulus text to inform students about the theme and to promote discussion
2. an activity page related directly to the text but requiring research, evaluative comprehension and application of historical skills
3. an additional activity page
4. a fact file on each of the two activity pages that provides an interesting or unusual fact related to the topic
Related to each section is:
1. a series of quizzes
2. an answer page
Suitable for Year 1
There are no reviews yet.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Your review *
Keep me up to date on news and exclusive offers
Follow us on:
Please fill in the form below
Please leave this field empty.
What is 12+28=?
WEB DESIGN BY WEB123